EOP Cultural Resource Center
The Chican@/Latin@ Cultural Resource Centers provides a culturally enriched environment where students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds can come and learn about a diverse culture. This space is here for all of you to come and enjoy it. The CLCRC is used for events, org meetings, or if you simply need a space to study.
The mission of EOP Chican@/Latin@ Cultural Resource Center is to provide a culturally enriched environment where students, faculty, and staff of all cultural and ethnic backgrounds can learn about a diverse culture. Our objective is to educate and unify the UCSB and Chican@/Latin@ community through the mediums of art, language, people, food, and traditions. At the Chican@/Latin@ Cultural Resource Centers located at the Student Resource Building(one the first floor) and El Centro - Arnulfo Casillas (Building #406), the UCSB community can develop an understanding and appreciation of Chican@/Latin@ cultural heritage and history.
- To educate the Chican@/Latin@ and UCSB community about the diversity that encompasses the Chican@/Latin@ culture
- To provide a physical space that reflects the perspectives and culture of Chican@/Latin@ students
- To provide educational, cultural and social programming that affirms and celebrates Chican@/Latin@ identity and values
- To broaden and facilitate communication between Chican@/Latin@ students and the greater UCSB student community
- To support the development of students interested in the Chican@/Latin@ culture
- To participate in the university’s effort to provide multi-cultural education to the greater UCSB student community
- To provide information to enhance cultural awareness at UCSB